Sunday, January 10, 2010

CS3216 -- examine my way to achievement

As this course will surely turn out to be tough, and heavy workload and frustrations can be foreseen laying ahead, it will be a great opportunity for me to examine the process of really achieving something great.
Last time my teacher told me something sound like this,'when you first gets to learn something u really want to learn, what drives you is passion, but passion is not gonna last forever as novel things become familiar and less attractive, when it dies down, so will your motivation to continue be gone with it, that's how many people drop out half way. the journey won't be happy and exciting all the time. Eventually what takes you to great achievement is perseverance.'
Now CS3216 is probably a good place for me to examine this. I'd like to see whether passion can take me that far towards the finish of my final project, or I would cool down somewhere in the middle to rely on perseverance for the rest of the journey. Either outcome would be good experience, and shall provide guidance in my future pursuit of goals and dreams. Of course, the premise is that I manage to go through the course and have done some acceptable work.
In the last lecture video, students in prof Pausch's CS3216-like course made really cool VR stuff that I thought only professionals in the field could make, that was inspiring and I hope I can produce something equally cool by the end of the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment