Tuesday, February 2, 2010

squeeze out time, waste time

..then he realized he still had a last week's blog to write, so he jotted down the following:

last time there was a famous Chinese saying on the Internet, of course by some contemporary author, which described time management as this:"Time is like woman's(even man's) cleavage, can always get some by squeezing." This turns out to be quite true. last time before I decided to take 3216, a big concern was the time issue. I was not sure how much time could possibly be taken away by 3216 projects, or in other words how much time would be left for me to allocate to the rest of my life. Would I be able to cope with courses and activities other than 3216? This was a big question.

Now I must say, things are not going too bad. So far I've been finishing all my homeworks in time and I attended all the lectures! From time to time I even went for the dragonboat team's training though not as often as the old days but good thing is I didn't quit. I did purposely try to pick up the pace of life in order to confront a tighter schedule, yet I didn't feel much impact on meself, no drastic changes that could cause a shock. Weird as it is, I did camp in COM1 overnight, but always got quite some amount of sleep the next day, and went for class after that(coz classes are in the afternoon).

I carefully thought about it, then easily I got the conclusion. I had been wasting huge amount of time for the past years and I am(was) very used to it. The time was really wasted in the sense that now I make use of it in serious work without even noticing it's actually consumed (meaning such time was once used doing random stuff that I don't even think about). Furthermore the time wasted was in huge amount because now I am using extra huge amount of them in project work.

Well actually I don't have much to say regarding this waste time thing. I don't really feel sorry about that. I'm kind of used to the flaws of human beings, including myself of course. People can accuse me for being idle, and I'm certainly not advocating the discipline of seizing every moment of life. Being flawed is certainly an essential element in the meaning of life. There are things I don't want to artificially alter.

Now I do not question the feasibility of people taking 7 modules a semester, and I don't envy their ability either, since now I believe one can always squeeze out his/her time like the cleavage:P.

3 comments:

  1. i thought u should devote more time & effort to ur cs3216 project. bt anyway, try to keep old pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just play less "you draw I guess" lah

    ReplyDelete